Mavericks Upgrade from 10.6.8 PROBLEMS

ZoroLives

2 posts in this topic

I am having real troubles upgrading to Mavericks. Been at it for many weeks now. Built my Hackintosh when the first gen i7 Chips were out. Giga EX58 UD4P board, Digital Dreamers script worked great, used to be. Now, nothing works. And I have tried many ways before posting this. Tried this forums method using the single handed method (dragging the packages file, changing the Base System to the USB, etc. I have done it that way, and the Clover way and the TM way and the MyH way, no success.

One of my problems is, I really am a mid grade user here. I Can follow instructions and I am fairly fearless about trying new things. But, when teh modern installer (Clover) says use a 32 or 64 method or this is for this type and that is for that type of boot I say, what .... ? And, I have tried it as many ways as I Could remember to try it.

I could really use some help here and to anyone willing to wade in here with this, my most sincere thanks to you.

:boxing:   Bump ... well, just used the DD installer script, mounted OSX base system from Mavericks in applications. It took 95 minutes on my machine. Are you kidding? No, I am not. Now, rebooting with that supposedly bootable USB cloned from OSX Base System, my machine cant get past the first screen. It just stalls there, left it for as much as 15 minutes in case it had some major stuff going but, nope. If I reboot without that USB stick, it reboots just fine. But with the stick I can't get to bios or boot, nada. It fives the very first black screen with some basic data about my system ... and just sits there. No detecting drives, non of it.

I am just without a clue as to what else I need to do and why oh why I cannot get Mavericks USB stick to at least boot through to the installation screen??????? I rebooted, ran the DD script again - just the cache updatter part, still NADA.

I am also unclear as to why I ran the installer and told it to install on a second drive and, it did. Then I Ran Chameleon thinking that if I started Mavericks installation and then put in the correct boot mechanisms, that should work. But, no, I get an error about PLIST files not being right, waits 5 seconds and boots through.

Anyone with any tips tricks or expertise out there? Please, and thank you.