Dual Boot Maverick 10.9.1 with Windows 8

1 post in this topic

Hi all, I would like to realize my dual boot.. I have been trying this too many times and now I decided to ask for help.

At the first time i partitioned my hard disk in GPT, I installed windows in one partition ( i tried lots of times because windows said to me that it couldn't be installed in a GPT partition). Then i installed Maverick whith this guide and it works perfectly:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289753-guida-installazione-os-x-109-mavericks/. Finally i installed chameleon wizard, but is there that the troubles come..

Chamelon didn't see windows, which utility disk i saw that the partition of windows were inactivated, i tried to activated them also with gparted on ubuntu live usb, but there wasn't nothing to do. 

Now i think to installa windows and maverick on two MBR partition and use the MBR patch for OS X, but before do that I want to know how i if there are other methods to do this dual boot, i'm really tired to this whiteout help because I think to have installed maverick and windows about 15 times but it doesn't work xD..

Now that you know my story, what I have better to do?? Should I have to install on GPT partition?? ( my motherboard support UEFI ) or should i have to install on MBR partition and add the patch to the usb of maverick??

Please help mer! Thank to  everyone will have the brave to gel me in this task which seems to be impossible!!

I have an Asus x53s with:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. K53SC Intel Core i5 2430M @ 2.40 GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge, Intel HM65
Intel HD 3000, 1366x768 NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX 1024 MB