installer returns Boot0: Test Boot0: Done

xXxG0dzRAgexXx

7 posts in this topic

I tried getting help from another forum and they do absolutely nothing and have been left hanging with 2 questions there already, so I figured I need to go to a better forum. I've made an installer and have tried 2 different methods to making a bootable drive. Im using a 1tb external drive as a usb stick... Yeah I lost my 8gb usb stuck and became desperate, and decided to use my external drive as a bootable drive. I've set up my bios right and whenever i boot into the drive I see "Boot0: test Boot0: Done" for a split second, then I see an underscore with a dash over it. I cant type anything on the screen and thats all i see. I've messed around with the boot options a bit and twice ive gotten it to actually boot into the installer but at those times, I hadn't gotten my second drive ready yet. Even if I did I wouldn't feel safe only being able to boot into the installer once, installing, and then being screwed over when having to boot into it again. I've googled a ton and have found nothing about this output when trying to get into the installing, only things along these lines after installing OSX already. Is it the fact that im using such a large drive? 

My SSD has windows 8.1 on it, and im using a second drive for all my storage. I will be using that second drive and partitioning it so 300gb go to OSX and the rest will be storage for windows. 

Specs are:

z77-DS3H LGA 1155

i7-3770k

EVGA GTX670 superclocked+

corsair 8gb vengeance RAM

120GB M5 SSD - Window 8.1

1TB Barracude - Windows 8.1 storage drive/ OSX

I'll try using that and see if their is any difference. Just hope I don't mess anything else up. Already messed up my SSD somehow and only way to boot to it is selecting it in boot menu as it doesn't show up in my BIOS anymore. 

Specs are:

z77-DS3H LGA 1155

i7-3770k

EVGA GTX670 superclocked+

corsair 8gb vengeance RAM

120GB M5 SSD - Window 8.1

1TB Barracude - Windows 8.1 storage drive/ OSX

I'll try using that and see if their is any difference. Just hope I don't mess anything else up. Already messed up my SSD somehow and only way to boot to it is selecting it in boot menu as it doesn't show up in my BIOS anymore. 

repairind   SSD  try to used Gparted to format the SSD on fat 32  I think is réssucitte  :P

Hello

Welcome

Try this guide: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1676

I don't know if this will work to you, but... just try. :)

Haha fair enough. I'll try. Thanks for the replies you guys. Like I said the other forum I was at did nothing to help at all. 

And to chris1111 oddly enough I went back into my BIOS right after I had posted that and my SSD was recognized again and I could set it to boot priority. Very odd... Thanks anyways. 

So I've found out what's up. Doesn't matter what tool I use to make the drive it does the same thing. I can bypass it by turning in computer, hit F12 for boot devices, I boot from WD SES drive or something like that and it will for some reason boot into windows on the SSD. I force shut down and repeat those steps but this time boot through WD MyBook drive. Installer starts up and I can go through it. I would continued but I'm afraid once I install OSX, I won't be able to do that trick and windows won't boot causing me to get stuck. Think I'll just wait to buy another USB. Anyways redownloading all the stuff off my storage drive from the cloud would have been quite a pain since I have to wipe the storage drive just to partition it for GUID