Mavericks working great but doesn't detect 2nd monitor

cmcclen

1 post in this topic

Hi folks!

I managed to successfully install OSX 10.9 on my machine and upgrade to 10.9.1. 

Everything looks great so far, but for some reason it doesn't detect my second monitor.  Specs:

MB: Asus Z87-Pro (on-board graphics turned off in the BIOS), Intel i7 4770k 3.5 GHz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX 770 2 GB PCI-E, 16 GB (2x 8GB G.Skill ripsaw ddr-1600)

I have tried hooking up the monitors in different combinations... 1-DVI  and 1 displayport or both connected by DVI, and no matter what, only the monitor on the 1st DVI connector is detected (they both work fine in Windows or Linux).  I don't know if it might have something to do with the graphics kext, or if the right one was installed.  Maybe a boot-up parameter?

One thing that is strange is that when I click on "About this mac" it says my graphics card is:  "Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 0 MB"   -- I find that "0 MB" very strange...

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I really appreciate it!

Thanks!!!

Chris