GA-H61M-USB3 + GT640 / Tuto installation Mountain Lion 10.8.5

camarade35

1 post in this topic

Bonjour tous/ Hy All

It's my first english tuto (with google translate, if anyone can make a better translating, thx)

Excuse my English

Here everything is ready and it works , I put below the recap ' together with the configuration, kext and other necessary software.
Note : you will find a ready package with kexts and software end of TUT .

And my installation was completed for proper operation through ios9 C.Frio and I thank very much for their help.
Technical support in English, is laborious but you get there.

1 - Configuration:

Installation is done from a PC running Windows and Ubuntu Dual- Boot

Motherboard: GA- H61M -USB3 ( Asus )
Processor: I3- 3240
Ram: 4GB DDR3 2 x
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GT400 2GB DDR2

2 - How it runs :

- Internet via Ethernet
 - Video Output via HDMI
 - Functional AppStore.
 - The sound of the HDMI works but I do not have volume control via the OS ( connection on my TV is apparently the cause of this defect )
 - It will disable standby and other parameters of extinction causes a crash resulting in the PC reboot .

3 - The installation steps :

- Download OS : Mountain Lion 10.8.5 bootable USB for intel PC ( it is found in the first link of the tutorial or otherwise used a little research on the canvas torrent)
 - Download Win32Diskimager : http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/ ( not included in pack)
 - Unzip the file obtained and install the USB key via software previously provided
 - Restart the computer and boot from the USB key
 - Clover opens after a few seconds , choose : install MAC OSX
 - Here we are on a standard installation, if necessary, use Disk Utility to prepare your SD partition, select one and format : Extended Journaled
 - Make the installation and restart leaving the USB key installed to boot it again .
 - This time , choose your DD
 - The OS starts and you finalize the installation.

What works when it starts : the keyboard, monitor and mouse. Yeah , it's beautiful but it's still empty and uninteresting if not the sound and internet.

4 - Post Installation :

- Download nice pack that here : https://www.mediafire.com/?djyya903jfq1kk6
This pack contains : Kext Wizard ( install kexts easily the kexts for ethernet and the sound from the HDMI and FakeSMC , NullCPUPowerManagement and Clover_v2k_r2482 ( to remove the boot with the USB key)
 - First unzip utilities fhichier
 - Then Unzip the three files : FakeSMC.kext.zip , RealtekRTL8111 - Binary.zip and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip
 - Run Kext Wizard ( if double clicking does not work , right click, open and reopen the window that opens )
 - Click top installation , please browse and go to the folder where the kexts .
 - Select : NullCPUPowerManagement.kext then made ​​open then browse to select FakeSMC.kext redone , open again and the last RealtekRTL8111.kext ( to take in : Version 1.1.3/Release ) .
 - Once the three displayed , make installation.
 - Go to the VoodooHDA - 2746 -v2 and make file : right click / open the VoodooHDA - v2.8.4.pkg file and follow the installation
 - Last step, installing the Boot Clover : enter the Clover_v2k_r2482 -1 folder and right / open the file Clover_v2k_r2482.pkg click and follow the installation without changing anything .

So, it only remains to reboot and disconnect the usb key, restart , select your OSX and voila.

Last step to complete if :

- Go to system preferences and sound
- Launch a song via Itunes or a movie you like.
- In audio output , click one of the three " Digital- Out ( HDMI)" to get sound .

For me, everything works so far. For movies : VLC for audio : Itunes

Good reading and Installation