Re-Introduction

dam718

1 post in this topic

So I guess I joined these forums quite a while ago!

Back then I had a laptop that died shortly after I joined, so I must have lost interest.

Since then I have built a desktop system that I was running Windows 7/8/8.1 on until recently. 

I got the itch again to convert it to a Hackintosh when my Trusty MacBook Pro starting having a few issues and showing signs of its age (It's a 2006 model). 

Now, I don't want to get banned or anything, but in the interest of full disclosure, I'll admit that I used tools from a different site to get 10.9.1 running on this system.

But, it's not perfect and I still have some wrinkles I want to get ironed out, and have found that the "other guys" just don't seem to be very helpful.

So here I am... Again! :)

I'd like to get my system working right, but I'm a bit fearful to mention anything about how I got to where I am now. So do I need to start over again to get back into the good graces of this community? Or is there a way to sterilize my build of all the things that would prevent me from maintaining an open dialogue as to what my issues are?

Hope that's not too cryptic!

I'm just looking to find a helpful community that is somewhat noob friendly. I am willing to put in research, and learn, but as with all things being shown the right path to run down is usually all I need.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to my stay here!