Bluetooth keyboard problems

T2D2

1 post in this topic

My machine:
Core i5-3570K - GA-Z77N-WIFI - NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
OS X 10.8.5

My Apple Bluetooth Keyboard began acting up, so I was going to disconnect/reconnect to the IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 adapter. Now I cannot get the keyboard to be recognized to re-add. Both the adaptor and the keyboard are functioning outside of this machine...

• I tested the IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 adapter on another Mac and PC, and it functions properly
  • I was able to successfully pair the Apple Bluetooth keyboard to my MacBook Air

I tried to remove /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist, as suggested elsewhere, but the only file I see is /Library/Preferences/com.apple.BluetoothFileExchange.plist

I also tried to use Bluetooth Explorer to verify that the Bluetooth dongle is the active one being used, but get an error message when trying to install Bluetooth Explorer. So I used the Bluetooth PacketLogger to log the connection attempt (unfortunately, I don't know how to decipher it):

ScreenShot2014-01-14at93935AM_zpse49d238

My computer doesn't find any devices available but other computers will see those same devices.  Any help is appreciated.