Hardware issue 10.8.2 HELP

4 posts in this topic

Hello i just joined this forum becase their was some great guides on installing mac os x to  a pc an i just installed niresh 10.8.2 i would of put a higher version but i only have a 4.7 dvd and i i was having trouble making a bootable usb in windows 

problem 1. i installed niresh 10.8.2 successfully and i plug a usb storage device in and nothing comes up i go to disc utility nothing comes up there, The USB storage device is formatted to fat32 is a 8gb ive also tried a 16gb fat32 aswell 

Problem 2. the motherboard usb ports are not working the 2.0 ones are i think the 3.0 dont i have a usb mouse and keyboard and when i plug it into the 3.0 nothing works 2.0 perfect

Build

Asrock z77 Extreme 4 MOBO

Ram: Corsair Vengeance x2 4GB DDR3 memory

CPU: intel i5 3570k ivy bridge

Graphics: intel On board Graphics 4000hd 

i really hope some one can help me i am really struggling 

Thanks

Hi and welcome. To me it sounds like both problems have the same issue. Try Zenith432's USB driver, it should manage your USB ports correctly.

I would recommend you to install OS X by yourself and not use any distributions. They often install many things you don't actually need and slow down your system.

This is a very good guide for example: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

Hello

Welcome and thanks for liking our forum, in here has serious people working to better it

First, We don't give support to distro... currently give support to distro is a waste time to you and to who will help you. Because never you'll get a hack 99% with distro, with retail installation you can have a jack almost 99%.

I gave to you via PM a sollution to install OSX retail...

I think this mobo has UEFI... just a guess...

Hi and welcome. To me it sounds like both problems have the same issue. Try Zenith432's USB driver, it should manage your USB ports correctly.

I would recommend you to install OS X by yourself and not use any distributions. They often install many things you don't actually need and slow down your system.

This is a very good guide for example: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

thank you for the fast reply i only wanted niresh 10.8.2 mac because i only had 4.7 discs now i have mac on the pc i can make a bootable retail mac usb so im happy also thank you for the drive i will try it now 

Hello

Welcome and thanks for liking our forum, in here has serious people working to better it

First, We don't give support to distro... currently give support to distro is a waste time to you and to who will help you. Because never you'll get a hack 99% with distro, with retail installation you can have a jack almost 99%.

I gave to you via PM a sollution to install OSX retail...

I think this mobo has UEFI... just a guess...

yh i only wanted niresh 10.8.2 so i can make a mac bootable usb when i get my usb driver fixed i will be installing retail mac dont u worry 

thank u the usb driver worked perfect im gunna make a bootable usb now and install retail mac mac osx