boot screen question and restart issues

Dean Gunraj

6 posts in this topic

how is it whenever i boot into osx, i get only verbose mode, i.e. all the discoveries and loads list out as text as is -v? is there anyway to insure that the nice grey on grey apple logo with the twirler progress indicator can cover all of that? i know its not a serious concern, but it would be nice to get that running.

also, why cant i seem to restart properly. i can shutdown just fine. but when i restart finder and all other apps close, im taken back to darwin console with a status message that says MACHReboot, er something very similar. how can i make the system actually reboot on a reboot command, instead of saying reboot, not rebooting, being in a halt and me pressing reset to accomplish a manual reboot

also, i know that this other issue is a rather undocumented item. how does one set OS X as the default boot option in the darwin boot loader screen?? so if i dont scroll to windows vista ultimate it will auto select os x when the timer runs out.

Thanks very much all!

hey dean i just reinstalled osx with jas os 10.4.7 disc and now it boots cleanly with the nice screen and not in verbose mode(-v) if it bothers you that much then reinstall with that disc. and it reboots fine for me.