Drivers / Kexts Installation

1 post in this topic

I try to install Niresh's 10.8.2, and was successful! Just have to put cpus=1 flag to install without lag on mouse.

But after installed, the system hangs on apple screen. Should reboot. So I try the flag -v, and now hangs on a white screen. So I try -v and -f flag, and the white screen comes with the black cursor moving normally, but nothing happens. Stucked on this. Well, after a lot of combinations of flags, I tried to reinstall again, following the tips of start screen of install written by Niresh.

I have been checked the boxes of move graphics ATI to disable acceleration of my HD 6950. Installed successful, and once again without any flags it hangs on apple screen. This time I put only -v flag, and magically the system booted pretty well! But now, in addiction to put the -v flag always I boot, I have those issues too:

- Video acceleration won't work and every graphical things makes glitches and slowdowns.

- Because of video acceleration, I can't change my resolution that are stucked in 1024x768 (my monitor is 1080p), at least I think is because of this.

- OnBoard Wifi won't work

- Audio won't work

I try to download some kexts to ATI, but I even know how to activate them (I can put in kexts folders with kext wizard, but after reboot nothing happens). I think I don't know how to do that.

How can I solve those issues? My specs:

Processor: Core i7 3960x (recognized perfectly all 6 cores + threads)

Motherboard: DX79SI

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb (4x4GB in Quad-Channel)

VGA: ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 6950 2GB

HDD: Kingston SSD 96GB

Once again, sorry any fail on my english. And many, many thanks since now biggrin.png !