2 posts in this topic

First off, this is a really cool site!  I really can't wait to dive into learning about how all this works.  I like the philosophy of open source, and being able to look at the code I compile.  I've spent days trying to read up before posting, but it's a bit overwhelming currently.  In the tutorials section, the first pinned post is really fascinating.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

I'm wondering where to find the source code for the required software and kexts listed in the above tutorial, they mostly all seem binary apps, but I don't know quite what I'm looking at and not exactly sure as some seem a mixture of visable code and app, when I unpackage the folders.  I'd like to view and dissect all the code and tools/software required to install os x, otherwise I'm not sure I'd really fully know how this is all put together.  I passed on tonymacx86 for that reason, the more I learned about it, the more I realized it's all closed source, and started looking for alternatives.  That's when I found this site and was amazed at all the info and brilliance.  Seems like the moto of the site is for everything to be open and viewable.

Is there a repository I've overlooked, or specific location containing all the source code for the utilities and software?