AMD APU Maverick thread....

Emilios

5 posts in this topic

Motherboard :A85XM-A

CPU : A8 6600k

GPU : Radeon HD 8570D(onboard)

RAM : 8GB

Using myHack, I created a 10.9 installer, and used the Mavericks installer app when myHack asked for it.

After myHack finished, I downloaded Bronya's RC7 kernel, that has the graphics fix put in, and pasted the mach_kernel to the installer, replacing the original one.

Booted from the USB installer, and got to the installer using: -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No arch=x86_64

Installed, then selected Yes to all of myHack's prompts toward the end of installation.

Booted back into Mountain Lion and re-copied Bronya's RC7 kernel to Mavericks, replacing the original one.

Booted the Mavericks partition using the flags above(except arch=).

Finally, installed VoodooHDA v2.8.4 for sound(onboard ALC 889), and Linux2Mac kext for networking.

Everything are working perfect...except :

The GPU(device id 0x990e....(no kext loaded)...of course(a little distorting images on web, etc. I solve the problem with the browser, by downloading the Nightly edition o Mozilla).

As a result of the graphics failure the HDMI audio output is not working.

Thank you all the developers for the hard work to bring kernel to "life" for AMD and the people who share their testing results to help others....

• 3 weeks later...

Motherboard :A85XM-A

CPU : A8 6600k

GPU : Radeon HD 8570D(onboard)

RAM : 8GB

Using myHack, I created a 10.9 installer, and used the Mavericks installer app when myHack asked for it.

After myHack finished, I downloaded Bronya's RC7 kernel, that has the graphics fix put in, and pasted the mach_kernel to the installer, replacing the original one.

Booted from the USB installer, and got to the installer using: -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No arch=x86_64

Installed, then selected Yes to all of myHack's prompts toward the end of installation.

Booted back into Mountain Lion and re-copied Bronya's RC7 kernel to Mavericks, replacing the original one.

Booted the Mavericks partition using the flags above(except arch=).

Finally, installed VoodooHDA v2.8.4 for sound(onboard ALC 889), and Linux2Mac kext for networking.

Everything are working perfect...except :

The GPU(device id 0x990e....(no kext loaded)...of course(a little distorting images on web, etc. I solve the problem with the browser, by downloading the Nightly edition o Mozilla).

As a result of the graphics failure the HDMI audio output is not working.

Thank you all the developers for the hard work to bring kernel to "life" for AMD and the people who share their testing results to help others....

Same here.....the problem is APU and GPU for me. I have A-10 6800 which has Radeon HD 8670D and Arock Fm2a75 Pro-4 M MOBO which has Radeon HD 7000 series. The issue is APU is used instead of GPU since APU is better i guess....I confirmed with the device ID that it is using 8670. Now there are kexts for 7000 series but couldnt find any for 8000. Tried to make onboard default in bios but in mavericks device id shows for 8670, 0x990c. So kinda stuck in this situation until someone help..........or 8670 kext....

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have A6 Processor and AMD Raedon 8400 using bronya's RC 7 kernel

Sorry, but how did you managed to install Maverick on this configuration? Can you help me with some links? I'm tuned in, from more than 1 week, on this issue but without any results.

I have a Toshiba M50D-A-10Z with A6-5200 AMD APU and AMD Radeon HD8400 but I can't find a way to install any of Mac OS X.

I would be grateful to you if you would like to help me!