Can't boot into Mountain Lion

pashoni

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I've used the instructions in this topic to install my OSX:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288795-guidecreating-os-x-usb-installer-using-a-windows-pc-only/

Now, it is only possible for me to boot into Mountain Lion with USB which has Clover installed, then selecting external, and after that I boot "normally". 

I would like to boot without this USB using Champlist, but when I try that, I get efi_inject_get_devprop_string null trying stringdata and instant restart.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Clover is a little bit harder to get working on some systems especially if its your first hackintosh.  What Im gonna recommend is you making a Mountain Lion bootable usb using myhack which will put Chameleon on it.  Once you get the system bootable without the flash drive and you get familiar with the system then you can try installing Clover as your boot loader.

First of all, thank you for your response.

I did this as you said, but now, even when I install without clover, I can't boot into my system without it.

When I power on my computer, it lists boot:0 done, and goes to my dual boot menu.

If I choose Windows it boots like it should, but if I choose OSX (which is installed now without clover, using chameleon) it shows chameleon screen (different than it should be with type of install I did, to be more specific it shows the same screen as the one when I installed using clover).

Is there any way for me to get back at the state at which everything was?

How can I get rid of boot0 message?

Cheers

boot0:done is just a console message that tells you the very very first boot on the hard disk drive is completed (which is the bootloader, Chameleon).

I am using Chimera actually and it worked fine until now, just looking for the solutions on my hackintosh, but that's not the point.

Try using Chimera, go to tonymacx86's website and download #####, then on ##### select Bootloader and select the latest Chimera.

You can set your themes again afterwards.

Or, on the bootloader, you can try using flags like -f to disable cache, -v to boot in verbose, and GraphicsEnabler=Yes|No to disable graphics support, or -x to boot in safe mode

Try to use the verbose and see what error it gives.

Or, you can try to rebuilt your installation disk with myHack. When your system boots the myHack disk, simply go to Utilities > MyHack and then run the myFix targeting on your Macintosh hard drive

Edited by fantomas1
InsanelyMac does not support tonymacx86 tools!!!

I just realized that no matter if I have OSX installed or not, when I add OSX option in EASYBCD boot, it loads Chameleon which causes this error for me.

Is it possible that chameleon is installed at my Windows partition and works like that even through I rewrote my windows default bcd?

First thing that I want to correct is that Chameleon, Chimera, or other bootloaders were not installed on partition, which consists of Windows' and Mac's. But, it was installed on the hard drive and set as the first step to boot before any operating systems which allows you to choose which partition to boot (like Windows, Mac, or Linux).

Every hard drive have bootloaders, even if you don't see them. If you install Windows only, your computer will automatically boot into Windows like usual, the bootloader is the one with black screen (maybe with "underscore") right after the motherboard screen. Installing Chameleon or Chimera is just simply replaces the previous bootloader with their's.

So, my laptop is now dual-booting Windows 8.1 Pro and OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 (which have some problems, if you can help me, it will be very helpful. Go to here to help me) seamlessly using the Chimera bootloader. Things that I can conclude from my method of installation is:

1. To dual-boot, you must firstly have a very clean hard drive. Nothing in it. Not a single file or OS. Just empty hard drive.

2. You must set your BIOS to boot in AHCI mode.

3. You must have access to other Mac (if you're not doing iATKOS) to build a bootable drive.

4. You must firstly install Mac, and format your hard drive into partitions with GUID Partition Method and for Windows', format it as MS-DOS (FAT).

5. Let it install. Next step is installing bootloader. Boot into Mac using the bootable drive. Mac will not work with DOS.

6. Now, after installing bootloader, boot your Windows' installation disc/disk.

7. Format the previous MS-DOS (FAT) drive(s) into Windows NT File System (NTFS).

8. Let Windows install.

9. Reboot your PC.

10. Boom! Dual-boot!

If I install Mac right after Windows, these are the problems:

1. You can't format your partition back to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). It will stay as NTFS. Because Windows uses the Master Boot Record (MBR) method.

2. You will get annoying "Errors occurred while trying to start up your computer. Pausing 5 seconds...". (even though it doesn't do anything).

3. Some GPUs will return an error code, like stuck in [iOBluetoothHCI] -- something.

4. And more upcoming problems.

So, I suggest you to go and buy an external hard drive (if you have then don't need to) to backup anything you want and need, then start from a clean slate.

Good luck!

By the way, why would you boot Mac using EasyBCD, and Chameleon? I didn't even use EasyBCD. It just simply mess up your boot orders.

Thank you for your reply and your effort. 

This will be my last , but possibly the only option.

I've used EasyBCD because it worked before.

I've installed chameleon with my OSX, but Chamelon isn't working as it should, because at boot it showes some older version, than this one I have installed.

I'll give it another try, and than format everything and start over.

Good choice, but just don't try to use EasyBCD for the second time. Format your hard drive clearly, and then boot up your installation disk.

Note: If you're stuck on the Apple logo when booting up the installation disk, tell me. Check your error code using the verbose mode (-v) and tell me, because I've experienced it before and I've fix it. The error code for me is actually [iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed.

I haven't had problems with install so far. 

I've got everything working before, with the same method I used this time, but update to 10.8.4 destroyed my hackintosh.

I've done everything the same, but because of the fact that I haven't had available mac or virtual mac, I had to make my usb in Windows, which was a mistake :)

pashoni,

There's one thing that I need to tell you. If you're installing OS X from a clean slate--say version 10.8.0--then you have 10.8.0. If you're trying to update to 10.8.4--for example--using the combo update or supplemental update, then boom! You will get a kernel panic that you can't even fix it using myFix or Terminal. You must re-install OS X from a clean slate, again.

If you want to get 10.8.4, then download the full 10.8.4 image from the Mac App Store or other "not recommended" piracy website--which is about 4 - 5 GB--and then create a new bootable disk and boot the disk, then select your primary OS X partition and then install it there to update without losing your datas.

So, have you got the dual-boot working by now?