Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

nVidia GeForce GT230 M isn't working with iatkos ml2 10.8.2

6 posts in this topic

Dear Friends,

First allow me to thank every body working on this site for his efforts and time.

Second, i think i am facing strange problem here.

The problem i have HP laptop DV6 2170-ee , i installed IATKOS ML2 10.8.2, after installation i can't get my graphic card GT 230M working, the driver is missing and it's always marked with unknown Nvidia card in the system information.

I tried to change the file com.apple.boot.plist several times with the correct EFI spring and i refered to the successful topic of Hackintosh 2000 and i followed the instructions, even i copied the springs from the post sometimes and i still can't get this driver working.

After i finish each time i make a restart open the com.apple.boot.plist, and i find the efi spring there but the driver still missing and not showing on the system information.

Each time i run the following:-

sudo pico /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

Then i have the boot.plist and i put the efi spring created from the OS86X tools but nothing changed.

Also i tried to use NVCAP some times as DVI-I / VGA and the opposite but also nothing changed.

and here's the complete blist:-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
         <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
         <plist version="1.0">
                 <key>Kernel Flags</key>
                 <string>640200000100000001string>640200000100000001000000580200000d00000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000030101060000007fff....to the end of the efi spring</string>

Could i have your kind support and detailed reply for such strange problem?

Thank you for your reply...

You mean i leave com.apple.boot.plist as it is without modifying and only modify the chamelon exist on extras folder ?

i will try and keep you updated