error during dd process

jf_element

5 posts in this topic

hi all

my first time attempting to install os x into my pc.. i downloaded tiger-x86.tar.bz2, followed everything up to the dd part.

cd tiger-x86

..\tiger-x86>dd if=tiger-x86-flat.img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2 bs=512 skip=63 --progress

so it started running. checked back 10 min later, still fine.. the next time i checked:

1,102,187,520Error writing file: 87 The parameter is incorrect

2152711+0 records in

2152710+0 records out

..\tiger-x86>_

nevertheless, i went on with the reboot, hoping os x could still boot up. at the boot loading screen, i selected Mac OS x86, but got this error:

Error parsing plist fileLoading Darwin/x86

went back into win xp and redid the dd process, achieved the same results. so.. whats wrong??? anyone knows how to remedy this??

im running win xp on a P4 1.60 GHz, 128mb ram.

i downloaded tiger-x86.tar.bz2

im running win xp on a P4 1.60 GHz, 128mb ram.

Be sure your processor is capable of SSE2 or SSE3. In Windows, download and install CPU-Z.

"tiger-x86.tar.bz2" is OSX 10.4.1. It is old and busted. Apple made major changes to Intel OSX starting with 10.4.3. As a result, current apps won't run on 10.4.1.

Find, download and install from a 10.4.5, 10.4.6, 10.4.7 iso.

ahh ic.. shall get a newer version now, thx for the quick reply!

just did the cpuz test.

Instructions sets MMX, SSE, SSE2

i'll be getting the 10.4.6 rar version.. the only 10.4.7 version i found was the one by JaS, which is a dvd install, and sadly, my com cant read dvds.. :robot:

i'll let u guys know again after i try this ver out.. hopefully everything goes well ^^

i'll be getting the 10.4.6 rar version.. the only 10.4.7 version i found was the one by JaS, which is a dvd install, and sadly, my com cant read dvds.

I'll bet when you expand that rar you'll find an iso file in there, which is a dvd install. Time to get a DVD optical drive.

nooo..

im installing this on my almost-failing desktop pc.. dont think i'll be investing anything else into it for now.

is there really no other ways to skip dvds?

edit:

oh i've finally managed to fix the problem.. the partition i dd-ed os x to, i set it incorrectly to 1100mb, when i wanted it to be 11000mb..! so now im able to reach the os x desktop..

problem is, there were many small errors about some display problem along the way during bootup (in verbose), and when it finally reaches desktop, my ps/2 mouse and usb keyboard don't work.. i've tried swapping my mouse with a usb mouse but to no avail. im still downloading the 10.4.6 version, but it's going to take a long while.. so if theres any solutions, i'd be happy to try them out..