Hackintosh Newbie Questions

tomshreds

6 posts in this topic

Hi!

My name is Tommy and I'm from Québec, Canada. Glad to be here!

I saw the "Hackintosh Builds For Every Budget":

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287500-hackintosh-builds-for-every-budget/

And I was wondering: with the release of Mavericks, does it change something hardware-wise?

I mean, is there anything specific I should look for compared to before?

I'm currently the owner of a 15 inches 2009 Macbook Pro and I was thinking about purchasing a 15 inches Macbook Pro Retina in the next months. That's when I realized that I wasn't using the "portable" aspect of my computer anymore. It's on a stand on my office desk, hooked to a second monitor and I never get it out of the office. So why not go back to a good old desktop!

I thought about iMacs, I owned 2 of them in the past and they all had heating problems as my current Macbook Pro as. They just heat up until they're forced to reboot, even with the fans at max. Then I thought about waiting to get the next Mac Pro, price-wise I'm not ready to shell even more money (I'd need a few tweaks on the original build and I guess it would cost something like 3000-4000...)

That's when I remembered that I had a Hackintosh in the past, it wasn't the greatest but it was working well enough. So now I'd want a new hackintosh, with good hardware and two monitors hooked to it.

Questions:

- Any changes hardware-wise for installing Mavericks on a Hackintosh?

- Is it possible to run OS X without ANY problems at all / to have a 100% legit experience? (My hackintosh crashed a lot back in the days)

- Any problem with using two monitors on a Hackintosh?

- What kind of motherboard/video card should I look for? Anything else specific? (I guess every Intel i3-i5-i7 will do for the CPU right?)

Finally, I know that it goes against the OSx86 and I read the threads about it still I'm sure if I'm allowed to talk about it in here, please mod remove that part if it's not okay:

- [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] says it installs on ANY Intel-based computer. I have once with an Asus Sabertooth motherboard and a Radeon 5870 video card. Does that sound good to you? Also how does it can be installed on any system? Anything special about it?

Also, feel free to suggest anything.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day!

Hello.

And I was wondering: with the release of Mavericks, does it change something hardware-wise?

Almost nothing. MV only doens't give support to old hardware or CPU 32bit

1 - Any hardware change amends own style configuration.

2 - That depends your hardware, if it is too compatible you may experience a usurfluir 100%.An example: i7 + HD 4000.

3 - Any motherboard is good, the important thing is know configure it. I have one that is almost incompatible, but runs 99% (no wake) Core i is something well needed when doing hack

Finally, I know that it goes against the OSx86 and I read the threads about it still I'm sure if I'm allowed to talk about it in here, please mod remove that part if it's not okay:

Calm down, here isn't a dictatorship like tony forum. As you know, we don't give support to tonymac tools and you can do a hack with Intel or AMD.

• Like 1