HP Elitebook Folio 9470m Ultrabook

J0hnny

56 posts in this topic

Repatched DSDT with silent fan option. Now the fan is off most of the time and kicks in with slow-speed after 50-degrees. With VLC playing and geeckbench at the same time I got temp to 70 and then the fan speed increases. 

In normal working mode with mail, chrome with punch of tabs, and few other apps the fan is off say approx 10 mins, then it kicks in for less than a minute or so and is off again.... running VLC causes the fan to be on more frequently. Not the right thread to discuss.... but might be interesting to have a mod on the fan patch so that fan would be on a bit longer dropping the temp to even lower level -> then the fan would be off a gain for longer time.

I'll try to do fresh install as soon as I can and  give feedback on the PBI Clover Edition and instructions.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I would like to update the OS to Yosemite. I have created the install media, but I'm unable to boot. Can someone tell me the proper boot-flags? ( I almost tried everything, but perhaps not in the proper order or the proper combination)

Thank you,

J.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

ref: Follow my guide and select RC scrips when installing CloverUEFI.

All I get is constant reboot, 

In Legacy, EFI + CSM, and UEFI - No CSM ( Boot Modes )

even using -v -x

all i see before reboot is

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Hp 9470m i7, Latest BIOS as of July 1st 2017