OS 10 Update and....

xDmx

5 posts in this topic

Ok i have jas 10.4.6 x86 now i have a few problems i have two scripts that say the werent installed correctly i believe this is my aduio.

Now i want to update **intel machine** what update should i get *link please* ....

I need\want to run boot camp....OHHH and im running sse2. I cant run sse3...

HELP?

If the 2 scripts that weren't installed correctly are called "kexts", then do this to fix them:

Go into Terminal in the Utilites folder and type (for each kext):

cd /System/Library/Extensions
sudo find (name-of-kext) -type d -exec /bin/chmod 0755 {} \;
sudo find (name-of-kext) -type f -exec /bin/chmod 0644 {} \;

example: sudo find AppleVIAATA.kext -type d -exec /bin/chmod 0755 {} \;

Boot Camp only runs on real Macs. But since you are running a PC, you can have Windows and OSX installed at the same time. But you needed to prepare the disk properly before you installed OSX in order for that to happen.

Since you are running 10.4.6, you can update to 10.4.7 or 10.4.8. OSX 10.4.8 is a new update and the bugs are still being shaken out of it. So you might want to stick with 10.4.7 for a little while. We can't give links to the different OSX installations, but if you search the usual torrent sites, you will probably find 10.4.7.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext“ was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext“ was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

thats the error and why only on real macs?? w\e can you put a link to a tut for formating right for windows and mac os 10