Unable to upgrade iWork and Aperture on Hackintosh

Keny Hu

31 posts in this topic

One workaround is to update on another Mac that works (say, actual Apple HW), then go back to App Store on the troublesome mac and hit update.  

That worked for me, anyhow.  

One of the reasons I did the above is that I have read that it will offer you the upgrade if iWork '09 is in place during an *upgrade* install.  But moving apps over from a clean install and trying to update did *not* work (it did work for other apps, so it wasn't obviously a simple NVRAM, UUID thing in my case)... Not just on hackintoshes, I think, but most people aren't doing clean installs on Apple HW since update is so easy.  

This all assumes that you can log onto App Store in the first place.  If not, then NVRAM, UUID, etc... 

Hope this helps,

David

My work around was to install another system using VMWare Fusion.  Installed trial version of iWork 09, install update for that program, then logged into the App Store on the virtual machine.  Once installed, I logged in with the same Apple Store ID on my hack and sure enough, the account showed those files as updated and allowed me to download and install with no Error messages.  I feel it has something to do with PRAM though.  

@ kenny

Your Solution worked for Pages, Numbers and iPhoto, but not for iMovie, as it requires OpenCL Acceleration. This seems to be a bootloader problem again, like with the iMessage problems. Is there a better solution to fix it on the real system, not via VMWare?

This solution worked for me, I was able to get iMovie to update in the VM as well by installing the SVGA driver  http://sourceforge.net/projects/vmsvga2/files/Display/

Although you could just pause it so it shows up in your purchases and download it as new in your "real hardware" system.

-Greyy

FWIW I had the same problems on non-hackintoshes. MAS kept wanting to update already updated iWork apps, apps wouldn't completely download etc etc. One prob was apparently the presence of a mounted external with a cloned system and copies of these applications. Dismounted it and things worked, then had Apple reset my download queue. All good.

... One prob was apparently the presence of a mounted external with a cloned system and copies of these applications. Dismounted it and things worked, then had Apple reset my download queue. All good.

That is *very* interesting.  Thanks!