LevinD

18 posts in this topic

Hardware:

LG P1-5001A9 Notebook

Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2400

Intel® 945PM/GM

512MB DDR (667MHz) SO-DIMM

Problemo:

Hello, I have created an 8GB partition in addition to the larger partition I am running Windows XP off of. The partition was created with Acronis Disk Director Suite and is a primary partition and is NTFS. I have burnt "MacOSx 10.4.3 8F1111A Patched Jas v4.2b.iso" to a DVD-R with Nero at 4X.I am using fdisk to swich the 8GB partition to active, rebooting with OSx dvd in the drive and it brings me to "Press any key to install Mac OS X,or press F8 to enter the startup options." Once a key is pressed I see the apple logo for about 3 secondes then it flashes to the "You need to resart your computer..." grey screen. I then reboot and enter the startup options screen and type "-v" screen is as shown in pic. I have no clue what any of that means, I was hoping on a straigh forward install but I couldn't be so lucky, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

post-58475-1159914384_thumb.jpgpost-58475-1159914394_thumb.jpgpost-58475-1159914408_thumb.jpgpost-58475-1159914422_thumb.jpg

Guest bikedude880

Perhaps the brand and model would be nice to see if it is hardware related or if your DVD has errors. Personally, I would go with a newer JaS release like 10.4.6

Ok well it's an LG Notebook, model number LG P1-5001A9.

Processor:

- Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2400

- 1.83GHz

- 2MB L2 Cache

- FSB: 667MHz

Chipset: Intel® 945PM/GM

Memory: 512MB DDR (667MHz) SO-DIMM

Storage

Hard Drive: 100GB (S-ATA) 4200RPM

Optical Drive: Super Multi DVD-DL (HL-DL-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082N)

Display

- 15.4" WXGA(1280x800) LCD

- Fine Bright Technology

Graphics:

- Intel® GMA 950

- 256MB Memory (shared)

Audio: SRS TruSurround XT, SRS WOW XT, 5.1CH Dolby Digital, XTS Pro, 24bit High Definition, Stereo Speakers (3W), Internal-MIC

Communications

Wireless: Intel® Pro/Wirless 3945ABG(802.11a/b/g)*

W-LAN Antenna: Dual Hexa-band Antenna

Modem: 56kbps Modem

LAN: Gigabit Ethernet

I hope this is what you are looking for, thanks again.

Perhaps the brand and model would be nice to see

The following is in his first posting:

Hardware:

LG P1-5001A9 Notebook

Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2400

Intel® 945PM/GM

512MB DDR (667MHz) SO-DIMM

The 3rd photo seems to indicate problems with AppleHDA (audio).

Guest bikedude880

If you can, try to get to the BIOS setup screen and disable your onboard audio and wireless card. They appear to be calling this error.

Okay well I got a hold of 10.4.6 install DVD, I abandoned the VMware solution, the install disk worked like a charm! The only issue I have now is trying to figure out what sttings I should chose in the customize part of the install, I did install it but it had every patch and when it would boot it would not load and would freeze. I'm really close...can any one help with the settings issue?

Thanks!

Choose Intel or AMD packages, not both. Choose SSE2 or SSE3, not both, depending upon the capability of your processor. Select the Combo Update to get the latest version of OSX. Choose other packages only if you are sure your computer can use them.

Success! Installed with SSE2 and GMA 900 patch, works welll...keyboard didn't work at start up, had to plug in an external keyboard to finish initial set-up. I have no sound and no internet, I installed 10.4.7 update. Keyboard on laptop worked once so far. A work in progress I'm sure.

EDIT: I guess I'm going to need some help with the audio, It is a "Realtek High Definition Audio" VEND#:10EC DEV#0880

A solution to this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!