DSDT Debugging/Tracing to system.log

RehabMan

57 posts in this topic

Yes they match

The buffer grabbing did the trick, also the first 5 bytes are enough, does not work without WED0 call

I compared 7 just to make sure it didn't match with another command that starts the same as brightness, but is longer...

And if you look at _WED and WED0, you'll see why WED0(1) is required.

By the way without releasing WMIX, acpidebug doesn't output anything  @_Q66 Local2, but brightness change is working

Any Acquire should be balanced with Release.

I have to read some ACPI specs

Like i said some devices work only after wake from sleep, can it be a memory allocation issue?

Define "some devices".

Define "some devices".

After start-up, SD-Card reader works randomly, sometimes when i lift up the magic mouse the pointer is jumping to the left upper corner and scrolling is not working, rarely pin sense on audio jack not working.

All these issues are gone after wake up from sleep.

Already tried:

At method NHPG and NPME RP06 is missing (SD-Card reader is tied to that bridge) also missing at _GPE method _L01. Added that entries but no change.

EV5, 2, 6 ,12 executed after sleep. 

After start-up, SD-Card reader works randomly, sometimes when i lift up the magic mouse the pointer is jumping to the left upper corner and scrolling is not working, rarely pin sense on audio jack not working.

All these issues are gone after wake up from sleep.

I have serious doubts that these problems are related...

These problems are related... ??

I hoped you can give me some hints where i have to dig.

Should i open a new topic for this issue ?

My guess is that something is not executed at start-up ,but after wake from sleep. Thats the reason why i've traced some methods called by _WAK.

Could it be a regions floating issue?

These problems are related... ??

I hoped you can give me some hints where i have to dig.

Should i open a new topic for this issue ?

Jack sense on audio has to do with patched AppleHDA or work you should do in CodecCommander.

Magic mouse is bluetooth, perhaps USB related.

SD-card reader.. not sure depends on how it is connected to the computer (USB or PCIe).

My guess is that something is not executed at start-up ,but after wake from sleep. Thats the reason why i've traced some methods called by _WAK.

Could it be a regions floating issue?

Not floating regions. SystemMemory addresses are determined by BIOS at boot. They don't change during a sleep/wake transition.

Jack sense on audio has to do with patched AppleHDA or work you should do in CodecCommander.

Magic mouse is bluetooth, perhaps USB related.

SD-card reader.. not sure depends on how it is connected to the computer (USB or PCIe).

Logically yes, but i never ever got this issues after wake from sleep, and become instantly fixed after wake from sleep.

Also fixed after suspend to disk wake, does the BIOS not the same as on normal boot?, if so than maybe it's not a dsdt issue.

SD-card reader is connected to PCIe, device RP06

Logically yes, but i never ever got this issues after wake from sleep, and become instantly fixed after wake from sleep.

Also fixed after suspend to disk wake, does the BIOS not the same as on normal boot?, if so than maybe it's not a dsdt issue.

SD-card reader is connected to PCIe, device RP06

No idea on your issues. And they are off-topic this thread. To me, they don't seem related.

You should probably look into detail about what is going on in DSDT... Maybe _INI or _REG methods are not executing completely.