GTX560Ti mplayerx no video

kjp4756

15 posts in this topic

I have an nvidia gtx560ti which has worked almost perfectly for me on mountain lion and now I am on mavericks.  I cannot play videos in mplayerx.  Nothing happens.  No window or anything appears.  Quicktime works fine.  I saw another thread about the same issue only the gpu was an intel.  Is anybody else getting this behvaior?

I'm using clover bootloader (not sure if that matters).  My version is only a few days old.

I found one that was "fixed" for Mavericks and had the same numeration as the official 1.0.17 but this one worked for me when the official didn't in the DPs. I think it was this one.

Can someone confirm this? Baidu links kinda spook me.

Can someone confirm this? Baidu links kinda spook me.

I downloaded it and mplayerx still doesn't work.  Application will open fine but nothing happens when opening a video.  I don't get the player window.  For now I will stick with 1.0.14 from the app store because it at least works.  Hopefully there will be an update to mplayerx once mavericks is officially released.

Please don't take it as an offense. I think it is just better for me to download a file from a place where I can understand the language.

Thanks.

No problem, I don't understand the language either however I posted it because it was quite simple to download. And I tested the app before posting the link ;)

I downloaded it and mplayerx still doesn't work.  Application will open fine but nothing happens when opening a video.  I don't get the player window.  For now I will stick with 1.0.14 from the app store because it at least works.  Hopefully there will be an update to mplayerx once mavericks is officially released.

Weird… Are you using Nvidia's web drivers or the Apple ones?

No problem, I don't understand the language either however I posted it because it was quite simple to download. And I tested the app before posting the link ;)

Weird… Are you using Nvidia's web drivers or the Apple ones?

I'm using apple's drivers.  The ones that come with 10.9 GM.  Are there even nvidia web drivers for 10.9 yet?  If so, maybe I should try them out.  I do think there are some issues with mplayerx on mavericks.  There are quite a few bug reports on the mplayerx site about them.  Everyone seems to experience something different though.  Lots of force quit issues.  There is one other person with the same issue that I am having. 

From my experience (because I have an ATI), and since you have a nVidia, it makes me believe that the problem lies on MplayerX rather than drivers. 

As anyone contacted MplayerX directly?

Like poispois i have ati but i have opposite problem from op and most of you. For me MPlayer OSX Extended is working best and i have problems using plex and xbmc in which they don't even open or will open but not play any videos. Latest vlc player will work but has tearing or freezing issues. I am leaning more to app problems rather than driver problems but i guess it should be investigated further.

Edit: sorry, i am using MPlayer OSX Extended rev15-test1

• 3 months later...