Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505 with ATI X1300?

Bret

1 post in this topic

First off, I acknowledge that I'm doing the the wrong way and for that I sincerely apologize. However, I am so frustrated with this process to the point where I might be sick and before I give up completely on the process I wanted to take one last shot at asking for help.

Is there anyone who is successfully running a Hackintosh on the Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505 with the ATI X1300 video? I mean, to the point where you would publicly post and confirm that you actually have it working, video, wifi, sleep and all?

Before you say it...I have searched. A lot. I have walked through every tutorial I could find. Some people have this model laptop with the Intel video, which is only partially helpful to me. One person unfortunately claimed he had the same hardware I had, and then wrote a couple of tuts that ended up to be complete fiction and only ended up costing me many hours of wasted time. The myHack method didn't work for me. I ended up using many workarounds just to create the USB installer, then once I had it it just booted up to a kernel panic. I am a Windows convert. Not really a Mac guy or a Linux guy, but the reason I started this process is I want to learn and explore new things. So, if someone does offer help I ask that you either dumb things down, or at least translate the terms to something a Windows guy could comprehend.

The closest I could get to success is via the method outlined in this tut here...

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1392-how-to-mac-os-x-snow-leopard-on-dell-inspiron-e15056400/

I can get it up and running with no Kernel Panics, but no matter what I try I can not get the video to offer me anything other than 1024x768. I learned yesterday that no ATI extensions are even running, and I'm not sure why because I've installed the kets. The wifi doesn't work, either. But, I haven't bothered with that yet because if I can't get decent video then nothing else matters.

So, please, can someone help me? I really don't want to give up on this but I'm at the point where I'm not seeing any other choice. Or, at the very least, could someone at least confirm that the tuts that claim this works on my exact hardware are complete bullplop so I can know for sure that my laptop isn't compatible and I can have some closure?

Thanks in advance.