removing AppleTPMACPI.kext

svecias

16 posts in this topic

How do I remove the AppleTPMACPI.kext

Im still running it through vmware, as to I cant get it to boot off my specific partion.

I searched the forum on this, and nothing came up. Google only showed me news...

SO... yeah, thanks in advance...

1. Boot in singleuser mode (Bootparameter: -s)

You should get a bash shell soon

2. Enable writing to the disk by executing the 2 commands on the screen (fsck... and mount...)

3. rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTPMACPI.kext

4. Reboot

It should work

1. Boot in singleuser mode (Bootparameter: -s)

You should get a bash shell soon

2. Enable writing to the disk by executing the 2 commands on the screen (fsck... and mount...)

3. rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTPMACPI.kext

4. Reboot

It should work

thanks a lot, thats really helpful. im going to try it out right now, i will let you know it goes.

thanks a lot, thats really helpful.  im going to try it out right now, i will let you know it goes.

ok... it says its on a read online file system...

am i suppose to pass any parameters when using fsck or mount?

after i do the rm -rf ...

the directory and everything are still there...

:)

ok... it says its on a read online file system...

am i suppose to pass any parameters when using fsck or mount? 

after i do the rm -rf ...

the directory and everything are still there...

:)

Of course you need to pass parameters. On the screen are those commands (including the right parameters) printed.

IIRC you need to boot to single user mode "-s" then run the two commands to check the file system and mount it with read write privilages, at this point you are in darwin single user mode. You then need to run "sh /etc/rc" (I think it is - doing all this from memory) to run OSX in single user mode. You can then "passwd curtis" and set a new password and remove that kernel extension (is that what it was?). Reboot. After that I created a new account with root privilages, logged in with that and deleted the curtis account.

HTH :)

IIRC you need to boot to single user mode "-s" then run the two commands to check the file system and mount it with read write privilages, at this point you are in darwin single user mode. You then need to run "sh /etc/rc" (I think it is - doing all this from memory) to run OSX in single user mode. You can then "passwd curtis" and set a new password and remove that kernel extension (is that what it was?). Reboot. After that I created a new account with root privilages, logged in with that and deleted the curtis account.

HTH :)

wheni boot into osx with -s it says to do

fsck -fy and mount -uw to enter read write mode, but when i do that, it still only says(after mount) local, read-only, journaled.

am i missing something? or are there other params im supposed to be using?

wheni boot into osx with -s it says to do

fsck -fy and mount -uw to enter read write mode, but when i do that, it still only says(after mount) local, read-only, journaled.

am i missing something?  or are there other params im supposed to be using?

does vmware disable "write access"?

• 3 years later...

I think this thread is some kind of encoded message that needs translation!

Anybody have a simple command line solution to delete a .KEXT from system in single user mode?

I can't delete them as it says readonly ...

I use "mount -w -a -t HFS" and it runs but later "rm -rf [extensionname.kext] returns error readonly file sytem"

FYI [extensionname.kext] is any extension name that I want to delete

------ Edited Few hours Later! ------------------

I Managed to fix it myself

use

mount -o update /

and then

rm -rf [extensionname.kext]

works fine