Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

back to my mac

2 posts in this topic

I have installed osx 10.8 mountain lion on an Intel esxi server.

It runs nice due to the unlocker.

A thing that does not work is Back to my mac. I can log in with my icloud account, but when I enable the back to my mac feature it says "icloud server not responding".

I have tried this behind a linux firewall and directly connected to internet.

Does the icloud server check on mac address or something like that? Or is it not working on 10.8 with esxi? I have the assumption that it did work on 10.7 on esxi before, but I'm not sure about that, because that has been a while ago.

Has anybody else back to my mac working with 10.8 on vmware?

Thank you.

I am a step further.
I have installes imessage-enabler from http://www.souldevteam.net and changed the vmx file.
It now connects back to my mac and for the interested people: imessage also works.

Since I have the osx vm running behind a debian firewall, it states that the performance will be slower since mat-pmp of upnp is not enabled on the router.
Debian does not support nat-pmp or upnp out of the box. I have played with miniupnpd, but without succes.

But that is an issue that is off topic and not related to this forum.

I hope this can be of help of other who want to be able to use back to my mac or imessage.