Jump to content

ATI Firepro V4800 no qe/ci

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm trying to get ML working properly on my girlfriend's computer but I'm having a hell of a time with the graphics card. I've put the device id into ATI5000Controller.kext, I've tried several different framebuffers (Baboon is the only one that seems to give me full resolution), and I've even done a DSDT edit but nothing seems to be working. Adding the device id to ATI5000Controller gave me full resolution, but still no qe/ci. The card is recognized properly in system information, but it also lists a non-existent 800x600 display in addition to the one being used. I've pretty much run out of ideas. Attached are my DSDT, o.c.b.plist and the system info screenshot. 


The computer has a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 and a AMD Athlon X4 640, and I'm using the Andy Vandjick's latest amd kernel.


Thank you.


Edit: also, another weird thing is that I have to have a thumb drive plugged in to boot (from the hard drive, not from the thumb drive). It doesn't matter what's on the drive or how it's formatted, there just has to be one plugged in.


Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Create New...