• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
IonGeneral

NVEnabler::Probe fails (No DSMOS message)

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I am trying to boot to my Mac but am getting an unusual issue with "NVEnabler::Probe fails" with absolutely no "DSMOS has arrived" message. I am unsure if it is to do with my GeForce 8400GS 512MB temporary graphics card (as my GTX 470 bust on me with lines down the screen last week) I am totally lost. I have tried the kexts for Mountain Lion 10.8.3 for this card but no luck at all. Since I am new to Mac OS X entirely, I have no idea how to get the logs. :L Help with this would be greatly appreciated as it is seriously annoying me and I'm about to pull my hair out with anger over it.. lol

Thanks.

EDIT: Unfortunately this is all I could get to show what happens.

http://youtu.be/UHuSWzwvkoI

his setup is

OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3 with chameleon and champlist on usb 2.0 install on sata ii hdd

Asus Formula IV Crosshair

Amd Phenom II x6 3200 Mhz 1090t

Geforce 8400 Gs 512Mb hdmi

2x 2GB DDR3 2000 Mhz

for 8400 gs you need only " GraphicsEnabler = Yes " in your chameleon boot.plist 

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

this Graphic card is working OOB with Moutain Lion 

i didn't know this was on an amd cpu.. now i would suggest you try using 10.7.x because neither nv or amd graphics are working correctly in 10.8. 

OK, so how do I remove NVEnabler completely? Or would it be wise to completely wipe my disk and put 10.7 Lion on it? It has 10.8.0 or 10.8.3 I think?

Well my virtual machine with Mountain Lion on failed on me this morning...so I can't do anything else for my portable USB 3.0 hard disk.. :(