Installation stuck on last part

evilmnky204

3 posts in this topic

Well, I decided to give OS X a try, so I downloaded MYZ iso of 10.4, and it installed fine so far. I made a partition of 45 GB (yes, i plan to use it a lot), in FAT32 Primary, but for some wierd reason, on the "Select your destination" screen, it only showed half of that amount, but I thought, whatever, wierd bug. I chose to install the amd enabler, and the two intel updates to get it to 10.6, along with the X11 thing (friend told me to choose that too).

Well, on the last "Finish Up" screen, it says "The computer will restart in 30 seconds", and I just clicked on restart, and it kinda froze on "The Computer will restart in 26 seconds", it's giving me that spinning circle thing, and that's still going. I dont hear any noise from my HD or DVD drive though, so I dont know what to do. Last time this happened, I did a hard restart (pressed the power button), and uberly f***ed up my computer and had to reinstall Windows, and I sincerely DON'T want to do that. Please, someone with any information, HELP ME!

My specs are as follows:

AMD 64 3400+

Ati X700 PRO AGP

1 GB of RAM

I know my Mobo is something from SiS, but I can't check atm

Please, someone help me!

EDIT: The iso was of 10.4, and then I chose to install the two updates to 10.6, if that helps.

I made a partition of 45 GB (yes, i plan to use it a lot), in FAT32 Primary, but for some wierd reason, on the "Select your destination" screen, it only showed half of that amount, but I thought, whatever, wierd bug.

As the first step of the installation, did you go to Disk Utility in the Utilities menu and format (erase) your FAT32 partition as MacOS Extended Journaled (HFS+)?