ASUS GTX-770 Pixelated Display

cjgarof

1 post in this topic

I just got the ASUS GTX 770 DC 2 running on ML 10.8.3 with the Web Driver and nvda_drv=1 in boot.plist. Display is functional but noticeably pixelated to the point I'm considering going back to intel hd4000 which was fine. Dock and desktop icons are very blocky. Text is blurry. 

I'm not sure if it's the driver, an overscan/display issue, incorrect chameleon injection, or if the card/mobo is faulty, although card seems fine on Win 7

Right now my only option for connectivity is HDMI to a 32" 1080p Toshiba LCD. I'm not sure if the DVI port would resolve the issue as I don't have a means to test that. 

**EDIT. I've followed the stickied thread re: Install NVIDIA Driver Solution. Problem persists. 

Can someone attempt to help me diagnose it? I'm going pretty nuts trying to resolve it with no luck. 

Mobo is MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition. CPU is I7 3770k. Installed without DSDT. Everything was fine using just Intel HD4000. 

Hardware profile seems to detect the card properly. Although it is only running @x8 in a x16 slot. It does same in windows, but I don't know if that is related to the issue. It looks exactly the same installed in the other 2 pci slots as well, so I don't think it is. 

http://gyazo.com/14959c9247c2a303ecf5a6d3647b8e27

Here's the boot plist I'm using: 

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v npci=0x3000 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>RestartFix</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Please let me know if any more info is needed to help. Thanks.