What exactly am I supposed to do after MyHack installation?

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I've finally got mountain lion 10.8.4 installed with Myhack guide. I've looked everywhere and can't really figure it out. I'm sorry I was never good with this  :( 

I had to boot with -f -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 . Do I have to boot with this every time? I'm scared to restart the computer because I don't want it to be all messed up.

Ethernet is not coming up on network. Everything is blank in network. Haven't really tried anything else out.

The my hack guide says you have to make smbios.plist in extras. How do I do this? 

if someone can just help me with what to do after installation. I've been trying to install hackintosh for about a month now and finally only thing that worked is Myhack guide. I'm just a little confused on what to do in post installation because myhack website really only walks you through installation. 

Asus- P8Z77-V DELUXE Mother Board
Seasonic - X series 750w
GTX 560ti 448 core -
Intel Core i7-3770K
Vengence LP 16 gig ram DDR3
Samsung SSD 830 serie
Hypercooler 212

• 4 weeks later...

hi, for the network you need the right kext (driver). See what network chip your mobo has and find corresponding driver at www.osx86.net

All these settings can be set in bootloader config file. It is /Extra/com.chameleon.boot.plist and "kernel flags" so you don't need to type it every boot. (use chameleon wizard to do this easiest way)

but...560GTX should work OOTB so try GraphicsEnabler=Yes if not try web drivers. you can find tutorials via search on this forum. 

Rebuild kernel cache (using kext wizard or smth) so you can skip the -f option (-f = ignore kernel cache ). If it boots fine you can skip the verbose mode -v to see nice apple logo instead of bunch of text 

npci=0x2000 needs to be set as a kernel flag in bootloader config file (use wizard)

Also the smbios can be set with chameleon wizard.  

hope it helps.