Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Need pro help for my project

1 post in this topic

I want to set up a mountain lion osx os on my pc, but am not completely sure what all i need for it, like patches, kexts, bootloaders, kernels, stuff like that. im wanting to build my own list for an install.

My specs are:

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 AM3+

CPU: AMD FX 8120 8 Core 3.1 GHz

GPU: EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 650 2GB

DVD Drive: DVD RW DL Burner SATA

USB: 2.0 and 3.0

So far i have:

Kernel: mach_10.8.3_fixed_rc4

2 Bootloaders: Chameleon Wizard 422 (Chameleon v2.2svn r2181 Built-In) and Chameleon 2.2 svn r2253

-nVidia: Retail-304.00.05f02-macosx.dmg and cudadriver-5.0.61-macos.dmg

Can someone point me in the right direction for everything i need to run mountain lion osx on my amd setup? I would also like to know whats the best kexts and everything i need to get. alot of the stuff gets confusing after awhile of researching lol.

I used to have a pre modded iso of an amd setup for an older osx that i actually had running on this setup, but when i went to go run an app or do something with something like Transmission or a file extractor or anything it would instantly crash and tell me to reboot. i want to try to avoid that from happening again as much as possible!