nVidia graphics issues?

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Since DP1 I have noticed that my 660GTX isn't smooth at all. 

This is a powerful graphics card. It shouldn't stutter like its a GMA950

Anyone else noticing this, too?

And yes I have QE/CI. That aint the issue.

I have a gtx 780, and most things seem smooth, but games don't play to their full potential, specifically they don't even use a third of my vram so memory intense tasks or settings that require lots of vram cause low fps. There are a few other quirks in games that makes me think there's something else going on as well. Autodetect quality settings in games doesn't work, sets everything to low. My current hypothesis is that games are possibly doing detection by querying the OS for the device name... my card shows up at GK11x in OS X so the games might be assuming some generic card and limiting vram usage.

I'm trying to patch my DSDT but having some issues. I've gotten the patch to display the card name properly, but when it does the nvidia drivers fail to load. I made some modifications and now the drivers load again but the name doesn't show... though I know the patch is being used given other changes I can see in the IORegistry.

After I get that sorted I'm going to look into power management to make sure everything is solid, although some of my other game problems could be CPU bound... my p-states are wonky even with Pike's script/patch.

I have a gtx 780, and most things seem smooth, but games don't play to their full potential, specifically they don't even use a third of my vram so memory intense tasks or settings that require lots of vram cause low fps. There are a few other quirks in games that makes me think there's something else going on as well. Autodetect quality settings in games doesn't work, sets everything to low. My current hypothesis is that games are possibly doing detection by querying the OS for the device name... my card shows up at GK11x in OS X so the games might be assuming some generic card and limiting vram usage.

I'm trying to patch my DSDT but having some issues. I've gotten the patch to display the card name properly, but when it does the nvidia drivers fail to load. I made some modifications and now the drivers load again but the name doesn't show... though I know the patch is being used given other changes I can see in the IORegistry.

After I get that sorted I'm going to look into power management to make sure everything is solid, although some of my other game problems could be CPU bound... my p-states are wonky even with Pike's script/patch.

Anyway someone can modify the nVidia 313 web drivers for use in Mavericks?