Stumped with VoodooHDA, Volume Control and Headphones Won't Work

iWin32

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to figure out why VoodooHDA isn't working.  Like the title says, it won't output any audio through my headphones jack (which is of upmost importance because my right speaker in my laptop is blown), and it's not just volume control that doesn't work.  ANY system audio control doesn't work (I tried a workaround by setting all audio to mono under System Preferences -> Accessability -> Audio, and then dragged the stereo control all the way to the left under System Preferences -> Audio -> Output.  The result was the same stereo signal out of both speakers)!  And, before you ask, I already tried the VoodooHDA.kext's Info.plist volume control fix.  It didn't do anything.  I have uploaded the getDump output.  Please help ASAP!  Thanks in advanced!!

getDump-out.txt

Under system settings/sound/output tab do you only have one option for output? My motherboard contains 4 Line outputs for my sound card with one of the being the headphone jack and the other one for what I can only assume is stereo out if my PC had speakers. I have to switch between those for my headphones and basically a line out cable to my external speakers. 

The only kexts I use are AppleHDA and HDAEnabler both installed with kext helper. They have to be installed EVERYTIME I do an update because they are contained with the system kexts. My mobo is a GA-EP45T-UD3LR but I'm thinking this will work with many other mobo configurations. I'm attaching them if you want to test them out. Just use the included kext helper app to install them, reboot and check the output tab to see if anything has changed. I am running 10.8.4 so I know it works with the latest update. 

SoundArchive.zip

Sorry to report that with your kexts, the audio in the menu bar is grayed out, and it is not detecting my sound card.  I also tried patching the Info.plist directly to match my sound card's device, but unfortunately, that didn't do anything either.  I might try patching AppleHDA for my specific card, and then I'll report back to this thread!  Thanks anyway, though. ;)