Error with IOBluetoothHCIController using myHack method

Shane 2

6 posts in this topic

I used myHack to create a bootable copy of Mavericks, and then the first time I boot it up, it showed me this:

RTC:Only sin

And ya, I have no idea what it is, and so I googled it around, and found out it's part of a bigger sentence. People say the fix is to use DSDT=DSDT.fake

All right, so it boots a little more, but then i bumped into [PCI... start], of course, npci=something would fix it, I opted for 0x2000 which always fix the issue for me.

The problem I'm facing now is this

**** [iOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

All right, it still boots after stuck there for a few minutes or so, and then a white screen presents itself.

I have no idea whether it will then boot or not, I'll be waiting. But I think the chances are pretty slim.

If you need additional information, please comment, I'll reply ASAP.

Thanks!!

Hardware:

ASUS P5B Deluxe (P965)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 (the older revisions without VT-x)

6 GB DDR-800 (2x2 + 2x1)

nVidia GTX 660TI

P.S. My system is O.C.ed, I will reset to default and tell you guys what happened.

P.P.S. I've then tried switching graphics card, PciRoot = 1, none of that work

UPDATE

It boots with a older GT 5xx, it's a entry-level card with DDR3.

I have no idea what happened, but the things I mentioned above still hold true. I do have to boot with "-v npci=0x2000", I still see that bluetooth thing, and I did wait a few minutes.

Now I see a beach ball spinning on a white screen, and hear my hard drive spinning. I'll just give it a few more minutes, or hours maybe. (turns out it's fan.)

UPDATE

Using -v -f npci=0x2000 solve the problem

I'll keep this thread open for more update, and then after it's all done, I'll then update it to a better-structured story and figure out more details in the spirit of science (if I have the time)

• 4 months later...

I am having the same issue but npci=0x2000 doesn't solve it for me...

Config:

Intel core i3 1st gen

Gigabyte h55md2h mobo

nvidia gt240 with ddr5

award bios with AHCI support

Successfully installed iAtkos lion in past. This time PciRoot=1 and cpus=1 don't work either with Maverick using the myHack method. Please suggest something.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...