Try to install on a Shuttle SD31P but always the same problem

oliv

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I try to install MacOS on my shuttle but I have a problem... the install program doesn't see my hard Drives (2x Hitachi 250 SATA II).

I force the drives to behave as a SATA I drive but there is no change !

The hardware of my shuttle are :

Intel 945G + ICH7R (Lakeport-G)

Award V6.0PG BIOS, 4MBit flash memory

with hardware monitoring and ACPI power management functions

I don't know if someone has found the answer but when I search the forum I haven't found the answer...

Thanks for you help

Oliv

The first step during the installation is to format the OSX partition. Go to the Utilities menu and select Disk Utility. Find your partition on the left and click the Erase tab on the right. Be sure it says MacOS Extended Journaled and then click on the Erase button.

Quit Disk Utility and then your formatted partition should show up in the installer.

When you get to the panel where you click the Install button, first click the Customize button and choose packages for your computer. Click the little arrow in front of the patches category to reveal the individual packages. Select Intel or AMD packages, not both. Select SSE2 or SSE3, not both, depending upon the capability of your processor. Select the Combo Update to get the latest OS version. Select other packages only if you are sure your computer can use them.

Hi,

Thanks for your help ! but the problem is that my SATA Hard drives don't appear in the disk utility...

However I've prepared the partition but MacOS installer don't see it :o

That's the first problem...

Thanks,

Oliv'