[SUCCESS] ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z

Armacham

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

here my success with an upgrade install. I was to silly to make a fresh one ;)

i started the installer in 10.8.4 (upgrade). Booted the installation with Clover R1848 (UEFI) in single mode to get fakesmc manualy loaded from another partition.

Upgrade went fine, everything works, incl. Razer Hardware with Razer Synapse, Remote Buddy, Traktor with my Audio 10, Allen & Heath DB4, Skype 6.1.0.2295,

and.. Sleep!

Here my spec:

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z with patched UEFI Bios 3603

Core i7-2600k@4.6 Ghz

Corsair Vengeance LP 16 GB

3 x Corsair Force GT 128 GB SSD's

Asus GTX580 Direct CU II

Apple Wifi Module

Apple IR Module

Apple Trackpad with build in Bluetooth from the Asus Board.

I didn't use any DSDT, most stuff is patched by Clover.

Running for 5h without any hiccup or bug, i tried everything, even games like Dragon Age II and Steam with Borderlands 2... works.

OpenGL Extensions Viewer shows Core Functionality up to OpenGL 4.1 (this time with shader language up to 4.1, yay)

*happy*

I've got a similar setup (p8p67le, i7-2500k, gtx570) however after the install (got it working with -f -x -v) I can't boot into it, each time I get a black screen no matter what I try (pcirootuid=0, ge=yes/ge=no, npci=0x3000, -x -v -f...).

Did you encounter any issues or used any bootflags with your gtx580? (btw I used chameleon not clover, do you think it would work better with another boot loader?)

Thanks in advance :)

I've got a similar setup (p8p67le, i7-2500k, gtx570) however after the install (got it working with -f -x -v) I can't boot into it, each time I get a black screen no matter what I try (pcirootuid=0, ge=yes/ge=no, npci=0x3000, -x -v -f...).

Did you encounter any issues or used any bootflags with your gtx580? (btw I used chameleon not clover, do you think it would work better with another boot loader?)

Thanks in advance :)

No Gui? you have FakeSMC installed?

Clover doing so many things different, just give it a try. i heard somewhere people have problems with chameleon and GraphicsEnabler=y. maybe using efi strings solve this with chameleon.

No Gui? you have FakeSMC installed?

Clover doing so many things different, just give it a try. i heard somewhere people have problems with chameleon and GraphicsEnabler=y. maybe using efi strings solve this with chameleon.

Thank you,  I reinstalled it and then got it working by retrying to replace FakeSMC (maybe the first time it didn't work so well) and by playing around by boot.plist! Now it's up and working flawlessly.

Thank you,  I reinstalled it and then got it working by retrying to replace FakeSMC (maybe the first time it didn't work so well) and by playing around by boot.plist! Now it's up and working flawlessly.

happy to hear that :)

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...