Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

1 post in this topic

Hey guys,

I've been following this hackintosh revolution and I must say it is really interesting. However I am face with a problem which I am hoping you guys can help me with. Now I've downloaded iDeneb version 1.5 10.5.7, I've downloaded iATKOS v7 10.5.7 and iPC 10.5.6 all of which fail to run on my Laptop in one way or another. iDeneb and iATKOS both boot up from the DVD up to the point of the disk utility software but there is no hard drive to partition. As for iPC when I try to boot from the DVD I get a kernel panic soon after the apple logo appears. Is there anyway I can get this to run on my Laptop? Maybe editing some files or something?

Please note there is no settings to change in the BIOS........... IDE, SATA, Enhance Etc.

Here are my specs

HP Pavilion dv6917nr Notebook PC

Number of CPU(s) One Physical Processor / 2 Cores / 2 Logical Processors / 64 bits

Vendor AuthenticAMD

CPU Full Name AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60

CPU Name AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60

CPU Code Name Tyler

Technology 0.065µ

Platform Name Socket S1

Type Original OEM processor

Type ID 0

CPU Clock 2000.20

L2 Cache Speed 2000.20 MHz

L2 Cache Speed Full

CPU Family / Model / Stepping F / 8 / 2

Brand ID 02

Cache 64 KB L1 I-Cache, 64 KB L1 D-Cache, 512 KB L2 Cache

Instructions MMX, MMX+, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, 3DNow!, 3DNow!+, AMD64, NX, MSR, AMD-V, PowerNow!

Architecture x86

BIOS Version HPQOEM - 6040000

PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1

Ver 1.00PARTTBL~

Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter

NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

Hard Drive:

Model Hitachi HTS542525K9A300

Interface IDE SATA-II

Size 250 GBytes

Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

Thanks for any help