Acer X223w 22" Wide Screen Sweet Action

Lanceomni

5 posts in this topic

I picked up two Acer X223w 22" monitors from Newegg. Both running at 1650x1080 I love the real estate. OSX deserves it. I used an X-Rite Eye One to calibrate my main monitor and have been extremely pleased with the results. I do notice extremely dark shadows start to block up but for the price Im very happy.

24-009-145-14.jpg

• 1 month later...
What are your settings from the calibration? I just bought this monitor and would like to optimize it. :thumbsup_anim:
I will post the profile and settings when I get off but despite being the same model each of my monitors have slightly different settings and required an individual profile.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the ICC profile I generated:http://rapidshare.com/files/201172703/Acer...3w_0109.icc.zipMy monitor calibrated with the following settings:Contrast 50Brightness 74ACM OffRed 26Green 24Blue 27Now these settings are specific to my actual monitor not just the model. You may not get the same results for yours. I have two of these monitors and the profile/Settings are different so your best bet is to purchase a color spectrophotometer, let your monitor warm up for 30min or so and run the test on it.

• 4 months later...
Guest dmitri@middletownframing.com

I also have recently bought two of these monitors, and I am having all sorts of issues, I have a radeon 7000 card and I used the dvi connector to hook it up, and when I shut it off or sleep i lose siginal to the acer (cinema display HD is main screen) but the mac OS still thinks it is on. restart doesn't solve the problem at all. also running at 1680x1050, I get a black bar down the right side of the screen....I have the same screen on an old xp system and using hte vga connector and it works and looks great....whyyyyyy!!!! any ideas?