Snapz Pro - grab videos from webpages!

Amuso

2 posts in this topic

I just recently discovered Snapz Pro while I was searching for some method of saving online movies that are presented in Flash, such as CBS online shows.

As far as I can tell, Snapz Pro is the only application that can grab still pictures, screen grabs and actual movies. The software is compact, but perhaps a bit too high priced...?

Anyways, I went for it and tried it on my Kalyway 10.5.2 Hacintosh (yeah, Ive been too lazy to upgrade it since it just works - and soon will be replaced by a real Mac anyways). Both 2.1.0 and 2.1.2 made the Hacintosh crash with the greyed out screen and the message telling me to reboot the system.

I tried the same software on my MacBook and it worked great there though, so I guess something isnt quite to Snapz Pros liking on the Hacintosh.

Anyone else have other suggestions for how to grab these Flash-based movies of the net, just throw in a comment here.

I have found iShowU to be 10 times better and its only $20. I plan to write a post and review the two (I was duped into getting both Snapz Pro and iShowU.) iShowU is also so much easier to export to different formats or import into final cut etc.Oh and another way to capture flv (flash) files in safari open up the "Activity" window [Window>Activity] and under the page of the video you can sometimes select the flv file and do a +C than open the dowloads window and paste the file there. This trick also works on mp3 and other files.