Whats your wish list from Apple?

Amuso

3 posts in this topic

I am holding on waiting for upgraded Mac minis to surface. It will replace my current Kalyway 10.5.2 Hackintosh for video playback, iTunes, Transmission etc.

And also looking into getting a Mac Pro, or a used Power Mac. Mainly to get a RAID-5 system to store MP3s, videoclips and documents on. It will also double as an X-Plane 9 gaming platform. The need for nVidia and RAID-5 hardware makes it the only choice. Going to wait until late january at least. Might get some new Mac Pros by then as well. At least one can wish :graduated:

Snow Leopard will be interesting as well.

Wish list from Apple.1. A promise that comes with all laptops guaranteeing that a replacement batter will be available from Apple for at least 3-5 years. I have a Powerbook g4 which I believe they stopped manufacturing in 2006. I called Apple and apple said sorry that laptop is an old model and we do not offer replacement batteries. I was directed to a third party vendor. I know several people who were able to order batteries from their laptop's manufacturer despite the laptop being 6+ years old. Apple you don't have that many models you can afford to stock replacement batteries.2. A Tablet computer ... please.. could go with a ModBook instead

...years. I have a Powerbook g4 which I believe they stopped manufacturing in 2006. I called Apple and apple said sorry that laptop is an old model and we do not offer replacement batteries. I was directed to a third party vendor. I know several people who...
I was recently in the San Luis Obispo Mac Superstore and I am pretty sure I saw original Apple PowerMac G4 batteries there. I know because I thought that was a blast from the past and was surprised to see them carry those. I might recall wrong, but you could give them a try...But I agree... Spare parts, and at least spare batteries is a must. These machines run virtually forever so its a shame if we cant get batteries.