My computer and I.

brewno

1 post in this topic

So I decided to start a blog in here, to talk about my computer and OSX stuff. Even though I was a Computer Scientist student (I decided to quit on the 2nd year), I dont see myself as a geek. As a matter of fact I took the geek test and I scored only 39. :dev:

I work at a Hotel, and live in France. I live in a pretty calm and small city, population around 100k. No good computer stores here whatsoever, anything I buy is over the net.

Speaking about computers...

My computer is a Fujitsu-Siemens from 2005.

scaleop.jpg

Its a Pentium 4 HT 640 at 3.2 GHz, with 2 Gb of RAM, 200Gb HD (partitioned 180+20), ATI x1600 Pro with 512Mb video, DVD±RW DL, Card readers and built-in ethernet and sound. Mobo's specification here. Everything works perfectly, except microphone. Im thinking about buying an iSight soon so I can have both webcam working without worries and microphone.

My monitor is an Acer, bought in september 2nd 2006.

al1916w.jpg

19" widescreen, 5ms, 700:1 contrast, 300 brightness. I simply love it. It is SO good to have a wider and big screen. I can imagine having a 20" or even 23" iMac. Must be heaven. But Im totally satisfied with my monitor.

Well, guess that's it for this entry. A little bit about me and my computer. See you next time. Until then, have a nice day!