wireless lan - new card - which one?

Creed007

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I think you might have heard this topic a few times :D

but as I tried to use the search I couldn't find anything matching my question ... so here it comes :D

I installed OS X 10.5.7 and updated to 10.5.8 successfully. No big deal.

The only thing that isn't working is my wifi card. It was an Intel abg 3945 and I know that it isn't possible to get this running. So i bought a new one. Actually two cards, the first wouldn't work because it needs a newe OS or something like that and the last one .. I actually don't know why it isn't working. I think that my laptop don't recognizes it. But I will test this with Windows as soon as I can.

The two chips are:

1. Atheros AR9285

2. BroadCom BCM94321MC

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. But I also don't want to go to this very deep :D

So if you know an easy trick to let them run please tell me. Otherwise I just want to pruchase a new one that will work DEFINITLY :D

So here my first question:

So what card do you recommend? If it's possible I want a card wich supports the n-standard.

The second question:

I had a Realtek Lan Card on board and it worked finde until it broke :D

So I want a new one for my Cardbus or Expresscard slot (I have both). Here as well with a gigabit port.

I tried this one: http://www.ebay.de/i...984.m1497.l2649 because it said it'll work with OSX 10.4.x an higher. But I tested it and installed the drivers and nothing happend.

So .. I'm new to the hackintosh stuff and I'm not sure if the normal drivers given with the hardware will work on an hackintosh .

So here als well .. It would be very nice if you can help me choosing the hardware that will work :)

Thanks guys! :)

• 2 weeks later...