gotoh

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

here is my combo :

ACER ASPIRE T160

Athlon X2 3800+ TOLEDO (939)

ATA HDD

GeForce 7600GS (PCIe)

I tried JaS 10.4.6 and 10.4.7 install DVDs and was only able to have Tiger running with SSE2 patch.

no matter which kernel patches I tried from these install discs, it only worked with SSE2 patch and NOT SSE3 patch.

As soon as I try an install with SSE3 patch (along with SSE2 patch, or alone) I get kernel panic on boot.

I read that other people with Athlon X2 3800 TOLEDO have similar issue. But did anyone manage to get SSE3 working with this CPU ? If so, which installation method and which install disk version did he use ?

thanks...

Hi, I have the same problem... my AMD X2 3800+ Toledo supports SSE3 as reported by CPU-Z and other similar software but I cannot use the SSE3 instructions with OSX

At the moment I'm using OSX with SSE2 and only one core (cpus=1)... I have a good result but I would like to use the SSE3 and if possible both cores of my CPU...

the system is already pretty fast with SSE2 only, and maxxus SSE3 emulator seems to be installed, but I can't use itunes correctly, and safari often crashes. I can't activate "open with Rosetta" for these apps...

Anyway, even with cpus=1 and SSE2 only, I'm getteing nice XBENCH results, and system is really smooth (looks much faster than my single 1,6Ghz PM G5)

I just hope SSE3 can be activated, then it will be near perfect (just need to find a cheap radeon to get QE/CI)