Best keyboard and mouse for hackintosh?.

Franz22

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

actually i've a Logitech K260 pair with a M210. This is two very economy products. However both works very well with OS X 10.8.3. I would like to buy Apple Magic Mouse and Wireless Keyboard but they need bluetooth and in my hackintosh it don't work very well and then Apple peripheral works in Windows? So i want ask to you what is the best Keyboard and even Mouse to use with OS X and Win.

Thank you all!

A mouse - any except Apple's mouses. They do look cool, but aren't that convenient.

A keyboard - Apple Wired Numerical Keyboard. Works both in Windows and OS X. Unless you are going to miss the "Insert" key, this keyboard is a perfect option.

IMO

• Like 1

Agreed. I might end up getting that wired numerical keyboard for my new build but I'd prefer the wired compact keyboard (why did they discontinue it???). For some reason I've just never use numpads.

Right now I'm using a basic Logitech optical mouse with an original Apple USB Keyboard (from my B&W G3).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

A mouse - any except Apple's mouses. They do look cool, but aren't that convenient.

A keyboard - Apple Wired Numerical Keyboard. Works both in Windows and OS X. Unless you are going to miss the "Insert" key, this keyboard is a perfect option.

IMO

I agree with you. But just one thing I have problem: The Apple wired(non numerical) does not work to get BIOS.

I agree with you. But just one thing I have problem: The Apple wired(non numerical) does not work to get BIOS.

It's hardware dependent issue. I've notices that some PCs (older ones prior to say 2007) may not recognise it in BIOS. It has something to do with the USB settings in BIOS (legacy support). You may want to check the BIOS if anything could be done there.

It's hardware dependent issue. I've notices that some PCs (older ones prior to say 2007) may not recognise it in BIOS. It has something to do with the USB settings in BIOS (legacy support). You may want to check the BIOS if anything could be done there.

I know my mobo is the old one. I've tried USB on Legacy USB Support: Auto or Enable os Disabled are nothing good.

Still to get BIOS: on message : "Entering SET UP"  I have the problem, my keyboard seems to be muted/non reaction ( In touching

"fn" + " <--- "   )

thanks you anyway...

You talked about "Apple  Keyboard driver for Windows" right ?

Yes, since no drivers needed in OS X. The keyboard's Fn key will only work with drivers installed in Windows. Sure, if the issue you are having occur in OS X, the Windows drivers are then irrelevant.

If the issue does occur in OS X (and you don't even have Windows installed), then it's ether settings in OS X or a problem (fault) of the keyboard itself.

I hope I understand the issue correctly and not confusing anything.