InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Franz22

Replace Win 7 with Win 8

Hi all,

now i'm two OS installed in my SSD 120GB. OS X 10.8.3 and Windows 7. All run perfectly thanks Chameleon and All guys of InsanelyMac :P

Now i would like to replace Win 7 with Win 8. First of all because it's more fast and even because takes up less memory.

So how can i install it? Can i do as a normal installation or it compromised my chameleon and so my os x partition?

Thanks.

Advertisement

Windows will overwrite any old boot loader settings. I would recommend you to create a Chameleon thumb drive with your current settings and to use it after the Windows installation to be able to boot into Mac.

Afterwards you can run the Chameleon installer again.

Windows will overwrite any old boot loader settings. I would recommend you to create a Chameleon thumb drive with your current settings and to use it after the Windows installation to be able to boot into Mac.

Afterwards you can run the Chameleon installer again.

Thank you very much as always k3nny :)

Please don't! :)

Ahah i know i know...i've not decided yet, I just wanted to know how to do it. I think that Microsoft will improve it in future :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Here ya go... I do not see any lags on those web pages with a dual monitor setup 2560x1440. This was while playing a movie on vlc. EFI.zip   I did not see it before the nvidia fix.
    • @ivik AD1981 is an old codec.
      Ok, too few nodes for all devices, I had to reduce to Speaker, HP, IntMic and LineIn. try this: trial1_AD1981_layoutID11_(0B).zip Delete VoodooHDA and Disabler!
      AppleHDA must be original!
      AppleALC and Lilu in Clover / kexts / others and KextInject "Yes" in Clover
      Inject LayoutID 11 via Clover and FixHDA in Clover!
      or
      Inject in DSDT / HDEF with 0B without FixHDA in Clover!
      Good luck
    • Hi Sherlocks! test.zip Clover4446. Thanks, but I have not changed anything yet. If I use a clover 4439 then I do not have such nuances.
    • Navigate to this, click there, than do that, etc. That's one way to do it.   Or you navigate to https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/settings/signature/ and you bookmark / favorite that link
    • Hi,   after updating HS my WOL stopped working. It worked for sure in El Capitan, not sure in what version of HS stopped to work. I'm using Ozmosis as bootloader and IntelMausiEthernet (in S/L/E) for network. I created ssdt.aml with ssdtPRGen, and put it in EFI/Oz/Acpi/Load/. WOL is enabled in BIOS, wake for network access is checked pmset -g System-wide power settings: DestroyFVKeyOnStandby 0 Currently in use: standby 0 Sleep On Power Button 1 womp 1 hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage powernap 0 networkoversleep 1 disksleep 10 sleep 15 autopoweroffdelay 28800 hibernatemode 0 autopoweroff 0 ttyskeepawake 1 displaysleep 15 standbydelay 10800 If I put machine to sleep, WOL works for a short time, but not working if I let it sleep for a while.   I deleted Ethernet in Network, rebooted and recreated it, but still the same.   Hardware: MOBO:     Gigabyte Z97-D3H rev 1.1
      processor:    i5-4460 Haswell
      graphic:    Gigabyte GeForce GT 740 OC GDDR5 2GB (GV-N740D5OC-2GI)
      memory:    2 x 8GB Kingston
      disks:    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB
              Seagate 2TB
              LG DVD±RW Sound:     VoodooHDA
      Network:    IntelMausiEthernet.kext   Any advice?   Best regards, Goran