Installing OSX on M3438G

Exergy

4 posts in this topic

Having managed to successfully install OSX on my PC with a sata drive set to IDE, im now wanting to install it on my laptop a Fujitsu-Siemens M3438G, it has 2 sata hard drives, which I have running in Raid 0, a striped array. Will this install be the same as on my pc with a single sata drive, as it appears as one drive on my lappy. Or will I come into complications as its in Raid mode?

Mac OS X does not have drivers for Raids, you can wit the install DVD create a Raid ins mirror or stripped but the bootloader can't see it.

I was able to create RAID 0 stripped, but as another disk, it never booted up, even with another disk to boot up and specifying rd=, because the Raid formats the disk with Apple Scheme insted of PC Scheme.

Maybe in future builds.

What if I disable the raid array, so I just have 2 independent SATA Harddrives?

Will it work this way? Does it matter which drive i then install OSX on, I have plans to install it on the second?

My Sata controller is: Via VT6421 I cant find this controller on the compatibility list the VT6410 is listed as incompatible, but this one isnt. Can anyone confirm whether this controller is or is not compatible.

If it isnt, is there any way to integrate a compatible driver into the OSX install?