• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
RahulHacker

Best way to install Mac on Dell Inspiron 5512 - i5-3317u ?

3 posts in this topic

Just got new Dell Inspiron 5521 yesterday . I want to know best possible way to install Mac on this . Any recent versions should be fine , but I don't want to play with bios mod right now on my new purchase :) . but still asking Is that risk free to do bios mod ?

The specifications are :

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3317U

4GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz

Mobile Intel® HM76 Express Chipset

Intel® HD Graphics 4000

It's fine if I won't be able to get working Wifi , Bluetooth etc . I just want to do some ios dev using non native framework like PhoneGap etc .

You will need a working Mac. Use myHack: http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/

Wifi, bluetooth will probably not work. Neither will sleep and power management. Everything else /should/ be fine.

If you don't have a working Mac, you could use iAtkos ML2 (it is not allowed to link it, search pirate bay) but myHack is more likely to work. http://myhack.sojugarden.com/2009/09/why-osx86-distros-are-bad/

Hey thanks for reply ,

I have installed and used iAtkos (not sure about version) on my old Core2Duo desktop an year ago . But I want to use some native mac os not the modified one . and can you tell me if doing bios mod is risk free or not ?