Motion 2 Crashing.

Polska

4 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone new user here. Just purchased my 2.0ghz macbook pro. Upgraded the ram to 1gb. I installed Final Cut Studio, and Final Cut, Soundtrack, DVD Studio, all work just fine without any problems, but Motion on the other hand boots up asks me what i want to do either open a project or template etc. and as soon as it boots up to the workflow it crashes and gives me an error. Any ideas what the cause of this might be?

Cheers.

• 7 months later...
Hey Everyone new user here. Just purchased my 2.0ghz macbook pro. Upgraded the ram to 1gb. I installed Final Cut Studio, and Final Cut, Soundtrack, DVD Studio, all work just fine without any problems, but Motion on the other hand boots up asks me what i want to do either open a project or template etc. and as soon as it boots up to the workflow it crashes and gives me an error. Any ideas what the cause of this might be?

Cheers.

I have been having the exact same problem and I hunted around on the net and the only solution that I could find seems to be that you do a fresh install of OS X and then re-install FCP, this is because there is a corrupt file in OS X somewhere. I haven't done it yet but i would try repairing and verifying the disk via the Tiger Install disc. Good luck! :o

MOtion 2 is buggy as hell, to be honest. It crashes on my G5 every so often. But I opened it up on my Hackintosh last night and dumped a crapload of filters on a high-res video file...

not a single issue. Barely stuttered with 3 x DeFocus filters, non-rendered playback.