Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

which low-profile card DVI/ HDMI is fully supported?

1 post in this topic

I have a Dell Optiplex 755 SFF (Small Form Factor) and am in need of a low-profile video card for low-requirement usage (watching movies, no games). Here's my requirements:

1. compatible with Mountain Lion 10.8.2

2. Video: HDMI (1080p)/ Dual-DVI (for 30" Apple Cinema Display 2560 x 1600 via adapter)

3. no preference if ATI or NVidia. If ATI: correct Framebuffer MUST work (if not OOTB then via hack is OK)

4. fully working wake-from-MONITOR-sleep AND wake-from-MacOS-sleep on BOTH monitors, HDMI & DVI !!!

5. quiet! Preferably fanless.

1GB is enough. HDMI audio (e.g. via DSDT edit) would be nice but is NO requirement.

Sharing of experience would be very welcomed :)

Thank you,

PS: right now I have the fanless Saphire ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB GDDR3 DVI-VGA-HDMI with 3. and 4. from my list not working as supposed ..