HDMI Audio Problem - i7 2600K + GTX680 + ASRock P67

1 post in this topic

Hey folks,

First of all, you guys rock. If it wasn't for all the work you do in these forums, I wouldn't be making this post from OSX Mountain Lion. So thanks. :D

Anyways, I recently installed OSX 10.8.2 on my desktop (will give specs below in detail). Almost everything worked flawlessly straight out of the box. Had to install Realtek audio kext but that was it. Unfortunately, HDMI audio is still not working.

To fix the problem, I found some guides on the subject at tonymacx86.com. Bit of research revealed that I should be using their HD3000 AMI EFI patch because my motherboard has an Intel 6 series chipset and i7 2600K is a sandy bridge CPU with an HD3000 core in it. The steps I followed:

1) Extract fresh DSDT. Put it through DSDTFixer to clean up compile errors.

2) Read IOReg to determine hardware locations, device ID and layout ID.

3) Make necessary edits to the provided patch file (as best as I could tell, no edits were necessary)

4) Place dsdt.aml into /Extras.

5) Reboot

What I got in return is basically repeated kernel panics. I had to go in with the installation USB and delete the dsdt.aml via the terminal to be able to boot back in.

Below are my system specs:

- Core i7 2600K 3.5GHz (Sandy Bridge)

- ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 (Intel 6 series chipset)

- Gigabyte nVidia GTX680 2GB (w/ latest nVidia drivers - QE/CI working)

- 16GB DDR3 1333MHz

- OCZ Vertex4 256GB SSD (OSX Mountain Lion)

- OCZ Vertex4 120GB SSD (Windows 8)

- Samsung 7200rpm 500GB HDD (misc data)

I'm attaching my current IOReg and default dsdt.aml below for your reference.

I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Been reading about dsdt editing and trying different things for almost a week now with too many kernel panics to count. Pretty new to this stuff so I feel like I might be missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance! :)

CurrentSystem.zip